Sunday, March 3, 2013

30 Days! A little about me...

I hope everyone had a great weekend! March is now here and hopefully we'll begin to see some of that great spring weather in Wisconsin. Saturday was exciting to get a handful of lawn signs out to residents and businesses. A big thank you goes out to all who have one and to my Father and Father in law who helped me put them out! If you would like to have one feel free to contact me directly. I'm more than happy to bring one by.

Today was extremely special because my youngest son Jackson was baptized today at Christ the Servant Lutheran church. I have been a Christian and Lutheran all my life. My Father is a Lutheran Pastor and I attended a Lutheran High School all 4 years graduating from Mayer Lutheran High School in 1998.

I married my wife Angela in August of 2007 and we moved to Wisconsin just days after our wedding day. We instantly fell in love with the area and chose River Hills Estates in Waukesha to buy a house and start our family. We were blessed with our first son Landon in September of 2011 and our son Jackson was born on Veteran's Day just last year on 11-11. We feel very at home in Waukesha and love that we'll raise our family in such a great safe area.

From Day 1 I have communicated that public safety is a priority of mine. I believe with so many neighborhoods in our District having been built in the last 15 years it is imperative we do all we can to maximize the value of our area. The value of our homes lies in public safety, controlling taxes, and ensuring our residents are represented appropriately. District 12 is an area I would be proud to represent on the Common Council.

This last Wednesday night I attended the Plan Commission meeting in the Council Chambers. On the agenda was the rezoning of the BMO Harris owned and undeveloped land off of Clearwater Lane from Rm-3 Multi-family residential to RD-2 2 family residential. Basically the proposal to build large apartment buildings in the area was not in the best interest of the current home owners in the area for a list of reasons. I agree with them 100% which is why I wanted to attend to show my support. This was a prime example of how an Alderman can assist residents in making difference in their community. Alderman Rick Hastings did a great job on this cause and was successful along with each one of us who attended that night. The vote was 5-2 in favor of rezoning. This measure will now go on to the Common Council for approval. I look forward to having the opportunity to represent District 12 and make common sense decisions if elected in April.

I hope everyone has a great week and I emphatically encourage you to share this blog as well as Like the Facebook page Vote Perry and follow the campaign on Twitter at @perry4alderman. I'll be going door to door in areas of District 12 this next weekend, sending out more direct mail and blogging more about the campaign. If you'd like a lawn sign you can contact me 414 795 0990 or perryforalderman@gmail.com. Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Aaron Perry







No comments:

Post a Comment