Sunday, December 9, 2012

Statement of Purpose


My name is Aaron Perry of 912 Valley Hill Drive in District 12 of Waukesha. I am running for Alderman of District 12 in the 2013 election to lend my knowledge, passion, and service to the great city of Waukesha. My wife Angela and I have started our family here with two handsome boys, Landon, age one and Jackson, who was born just one month ago today. We find our community to be welcoming, friendly, and family oriented. That being said, Waukesha, as well as District 12, is in need of an upgrade in ideas, a commitment to completion of projects, and urgent action in regard to issues that are of vital importance to the long term prosperity of our community and its residents.

My interest in politics and public service began in 1988 and that interest turns to action in December of 2012. Being connected to what is happening in my community makes me passionate about being a public servant. Serving as Alderman of District 12 would allow me the opportunity to not only represent the interests of the people in my community but the values of the people of this state.

I strongly believe the voice, influence, and common sense of an everyday citizen of this community like me is welcome in this stagnant and sometimes cloudy political climate. Having a true connected resident of our community representing the interests of all of us in District 12 is vital in the progression needed to reach the ideal vision of what we see as a better place to live, a vision that leaves our households free of worry, and confident in our leaders to make cost effective decisions with our tax dollars.

Waukesha is a great place to live, but Waukesha is not without its challenges. We have areas of our city that are experiencing a rise in crime, neighborhoods that need cleaning up, and citizens’ issues that have gone unheard. These are issues affecting the residents of Waukesha and District 12 and require a new view from one of those residents. This process empowers citizens to make this choice and elect a peer to this position, and I’d be honored and excited to take on this responsibility.

I invite you to follow the campaign updates on Twitter at @perry4alderman, on Facebook at Vote Perry, and the campaign blog at  http://perry4alderman.blogspot.com  I look forward to connecting with everyone in any way that is available to ensure issues are heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment