Thursday, December 27, 2012

Perry Campaign Update: Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays from the Perry campaign! I hope everyone was able to spend some time with family and get ready for the new year. Last week I had the pleasure of going door to door to collect more than the required 40 signatures in my home neighborhood of River Hill Estates. All of the signatures have now submitted to city hall and I look forward to being on the ballot in the spring. I hope to have your support.

I'm very encouraged by the feedback I've received both face to face, as well as from voters in District 12 who have emailed or called me. I had a great conversation just this morning with a gentleman who had some great questions and feedback for me. What we found by the end of our conversation is that we are very similar, which validates exactly why I'm running for this position in the first place. It is reasonable and should be expected to have a representative from your district who is a true representative of that very district.

Last Thursday I wrote a piece that I posted on this blog and it was published on patch.com at http://waukesha.patch.com/blog_posts/where-do-we-start-bc169b51. In that piece I talked about working towards a solution in Waukesha and my idea for a place to start a solution. Last Friday night Game Stop near Sunset drive was robbed at gun point. Then just yesterday, Associated Bank, located just across the parking lot from Game Stop, was robbed by a man who implied he had a gun and threatened to blow up the bank if he did not get the money he was asking for.

The city of Waukesha, quite bluntly, is better than this. It is time that we expect better and expect action from our city leaders. These events are dangerous and are beginning to lead us down a road we're not happy with. I hope to have the opportunity to be one of those leaders representing the residents of our district and changing the atmosphere of our community.

Please follow the campaign on Facebook at "Vote Perry" and on Twitter at @perry4alderman and I always encourage your questions and feedback at perryforalderman@gmail.com. Have a Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment